Here at Akin Aesthetics & Wellness in South Jordan Utah we offer Energy Healing Session. Chakra Balancing is included in our Energy Healing Sessions. Here is your complete guide to chakra balancing.
What is a Chakra?
Chakras are the energy centers of the body. They are located in the astral body, along the spine, starting at its base and running upwards to the crown of the head. The astral body is the energy body residing inside our physical body. Each physical body part has a corresponding astral body part. The astral body cannot be seen or touched. This is also a reason why we cannot see the chakras.
The chakras radiate a specific colour and energy. Each one coincides with a gland in the physical body. Since each chakra relates to specific spiritual, emotional, psychological, and physical aspects of our being, it is believed that their blockage or malfunction can lead to physical, psychological, and emotional disorders. The conscious awareness and balancing of these energy centers, on the other hand, is believed to lead to well-being and good health.
Types of Chakras
1. Root Chakra- The Muladhara Chakra or Root Chakra is located at the base of the spine, between the anus and the genitals. It is characterized by the emotions of survival, stability, ambition, and self-sufficiency. When this chakra is out of balance, a person starts feeling unstable, ungrounded, lack of ambition, lack of purpose, fearful, insecure and frustrated. However, when the root chakra is balanced, these are replaced by more positive emotions, and you feel stable, confident, balanced, energetic, independent, and strong.
2. Sacral Chakra- The Svadhishthana Chakra or Sacral Chakra is located in the lower abdomen, about four fingers below the navel. Its attributes include the basic need for sexuality, as well as creativity and self-worth. When the sacral chakra is imbalanced, a person may feel emotionally explosive and irritable, sense a lack of energy and creativity, feel manipulative, or obsessed with sexual thoughts. When balanced, it makes one feel more vibrant, happy, positive, satisfied, compassionate, and intuitive.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra- The Manipura Chakra or Solar Plexus Chakra is located at the solar plexus, between the navel and the bottom of the rib cage. It is characterized by emotions like ego, anger, and aggression. An imbalance of the solar plexus chakra can manifest physically as digestive problems, liver problems, or diabetes. On an emotional level, one might struggle with depression, lack of self-esteem, anger, and perfectionism. By balancing this chakra, we feel more energetic, confident, productive, and focused.
4. Heart Chakra- The Anahata Chakra or heart Chakra is located in the heart region. This chakra is the seat of balance, and it is characterized by emotions of love, attachment, compassion, trust, and passion. When the heart chakra is imbalanced, a person may deal with emotional issues like anger, lack of trust, anxiety, jealousy, fear, and moodiness. By harmonizing this energy center, a person begins to feel more compassionate, caring, optimistic, friendly, and motivated.
5. Throat Chakra- The Visuddha Chakra or throat Chakra is located at the base of the throat, coinciding with the thyroid gland. It is associated with inspiration, healthy expression, faith, and the ability to communicate well. A blockage in the throat chakra may be experienced as timidity, quietness, a feeling of weakness, or the inability to express our thoughts. When this chakra is balanced, it enables creativity, positive self-expression, constructive communication, and a sense of satisfaction.
6. Third Eye Chakra- The Ajna Chakra (pronounced as ‘Agya Chakra’) or third eye Chakra is located between the eyebrows. Also known as the Third Eye Chakra, it is often used as a focal point during asana practice to develop more concentration and awareness. It is said that meditating upon this chakra destroys the karma of past lives and brings liberation and intuitive knowledge.
Its attributes are intelligence, intuition, insight, and self-knowledge. When imbalanced, it may make you feel non-assertive and afraid of success, or on the contrary, it can make you more egoistical. An imbalance can manifest as physical problems like headaches, blurry vision, and eye strain. When this chakra is active and balanced, a person feels more vibrant and confident, both spiritually and emotionally. In the absence of the fear of death, one becomes his own master and remains free of all attachment to material things.
7. Crown Chakra- The Sahastrara Chakra or crown Chakra is located at the crown of the head. The seventh chakra is the center of spirituality, enlightenment, and dynamic thought and energy. It allows for the inward flow of wisdom and brings the gift of cosmic consciousness. When it gets imbalanced, one might suffer from a constant sense of frustration, melancholy and destructive feelings.
Can Chakras influence your health?
Chakras are associated with the organs and glands of the particular region where they are located. As such, they have a strong bearing on our health, our mental state, and our relation with others. Based on various factors such as our lifestyle, environment and surroundings, past experiences, etc, the chakras can either be balanced or imbalanced. If a chakra is imbalanced, it goes into either a hypoactive or a hyperactive mode. A hypoactive or blocked chakra’s functioning is either insufficient or reduced. Likewise, a hyperactive chakra means there is too much energy flowing into that particular region, and as such, there is an imbalance in the overall flow of energy throughout the body.
Since chakras are interrelated, when one of them is imbalanced, it causes a disturbance in the functionality of the other chakras as well. This makes people feel disconnected, anxious, fearful, and it also manifests as health problems in one or more areas of the body.
To function at their best, your chakras need to be balanced. And for this, you need to know what the chakras actually do and what are some of the things you can do to take care of them.
How can you balance your chakras?
Every chakra rotates at a specific frequency and speed. This frequency and speed can change due to various factors like diet, lifestyle, thought patterns, etc. An imbalance starts creating problems with the distribution of the pranas. When we speak about balancing or awakening the chakras, we mean bringing them back to their regular speed.
You can adopt the following as tools to balance the chakras:
Diet: One of the main reasons for an imbalance in the chakras is an imbalance of the five elements in the body. A balanced diet helps to bring balance to the elements of the body.
Asanas: Asanas help to stimulate the chakras, and improve their functioning. They also clear the way for the chakras to heal themselves.
Breathing: Breathing helps to increase the flow of prana in the body, and removes the stale prana. Meditation: Meditation helps to clear the mind, and removes negativity and manipulation in a person.
Energy Healing: Come visit our Energy Healer for a full 60 or 90 minute healing session here at Akin Aesthetics & Wellness in South Jordan Utah.